Law of the European Union
Law of the European Union
- Creator or Attribution (Responsibility): Josephine Shaw
- Language: English
- Jurisdiction(s): England
- Publication Information: Houndmills, Basingstoke ; New York : Palgrave, 2000
- Publication Type (Medium): Einfu?hrung
- Type: Book
- Series title: Palgrave law masters.
- Permalink: http://books.lawlegal.eu/law-of-the-european-union-4398/ (Stable identifier)
Lxii, 591 pages ; 22 cm.
Purpose and Intended Audience
Useful for students learning an area of law, Law of the European Union is also useful for lawyers seeking to apply the law to issues arising in practice.
- Providing references to further research sources: Search
- Find it at other libraries via WorldCat/OCLC
- Find Law of the European Union in Google Books
- Find Law of the European Union in Open Library
- Publisher: Palgrave
- Responsable Person: Josephine Shaw.
- Publication Date: 2000
- Country/State: England
- Number of Editions: 34 editions
- First edition Date: 1993
- Last edition Date: 2007
- General Notes: Previous edition: 1996.
- Languages: English
- Library of Congress Code: KJE947
- Dewey Code: 341.2422
- ISBN: 0333924916 9780333924914
- OCLC: 44184273
Preface Table of cases Table of articles List of abbreviations Table of equivalences PART I: INTRODUCING THE EUROPEAN UNION Studying the Law of the European Union Evolving From Community to Union The Unfinished Union: The Treaty of Maastricht and beyond PART II:THE INSTITUTIONAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK OF THE EUROPEAN UNION The Institutions of the European Union The Evolving EU Constitutional Framework PART III: THE EUROPEAN UNION AND ITS INSTITUTIONS AT WORK The legal and constitutional dimensions of policy-making in the European Union Legislative, administrative and budgetary procedures The Implementation and Enforcement of EU law PART IV: VALUES AND PRINCIPLES IN THE EUROPEAN UNION CONSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORK Fundamental Rights and General Principles of Law Citizenship and the European Union PART V: THE EU LEGAL ORDER AND THE NATIONAL LEGAL ORDERS Article 234 EC – The Organic Connection Between National Courts and the Court of Justice EU Law and the Legal Systems of the Member States The National Dimension: Domestic Remedies for Breach of EC Law and National Reactions to the Challenge PART VI: THE JUDICIAL CONTROL OF THE EU INSTITUTIONS Introduction to the Judicial Control of the EU Institutions Judicial Review of the Acts of the Institutions Judicial Control of Failure to Act Non-Contractual Liability and Compensation for Loss Caused by the EU Bibliography Index
The revised third edition of this text provides an account of the constitutional principles and legal institutions of the European Union. The accessible style makes the book suitable not only for first year undergraduates but also for A level students and non-law undergraduates.